Messagepoint is a leader in developing and delivering innovative software and services within the Customer Communications Management market. The Messagepoint solution is the 2016 SIIA CODiE winner for the Best Multichannel Publishing Platform. Messagepoint helps companies strengthen their customer communications by enabling business users to control the entire messaging lifecycle for all print or digital communications without burdening IT.
Are you looking to grow your sales career with a fast growing, innovative B2B Enterprise Technology Company in the heart of downtown Toronto?
Messagepoint is looking for an Inside Sales Representative to support our exciting growth. The role of our Inside Sales Representative is to provide support to the sales and marketing teams at Messagepoint in the ongoing development and expansion of sales opportunities for Messagepoint, our hybrid-cloud Customer Communications Management (CCM) platform.
We’re looking for a candidate that is a highly motivated, self-starter able to identify and develop new business prospects from multiple sources including inbound marketing leads, prospect lists, discovery and individual research. A dynamic personality is key, and the drive to reach decision makers is essential.
- Develop new business and sales opportunities and introduce Messagepoint through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails
- Navigate accounts and identify key players using various prospecting tools such as LinkedIn, Data.com
- Route qualified opportunities to account executives and account managers for further development and closure
- Understand the Customer Communications Management competitive landscape
- Conduct a needs analysis on prospects pain points to determine how Messagepoint will speak to those needs.
- Develop a written prospecting script.
- Attend sales, marketing and training meetings as required from time–to-time.
- Manage the initial appointment process for qualified leads including scheduling appointments for the sales team.
- Conduct research using tools like Data.com and LinkedIn to identify potential prospects
- Identify key buying influencers within these accounts to determine budget and timeline.
- Build and cultivate prospect relationships, initiate successful communications strategies and move opportunities through the sales funnel.
- Work with the VP of Marketing, Client Executives, Account Executives and VP of Sales to develop and grow the sales pipeline to consistently meet quarterly revenue goals.
- Capture activities for new and prospective clients in Salesforce.com, ensuring all conversations, emails, appointments and other communications are logged, information is accurate and documents are attached.
Qualifications and Skills
- Possess 2-4 years proven success doing inbound and outbound prospecting.
- Experience in Corporate selling (B2B) or high tech solutions is an asset.
- Strong telephone sales/ cold calling skills
- Ability to advance prospects to later stages of the sales process
- Completion of post-secondary Business or Finance/Accounting Diploma or Degree is significant bonus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to confidently and professionally interact with a wide spectrum of prospects including senior managers and executives
- Skilled at handling objectives and able to reach decision makers
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Enjoy the challenge of developing new business
- CRM experience as a power user (Salesforce.com preferred)
- Knowledge of marketing automation systems is an asset
- Valid passport and ability to travel on occasion to the United States and within Canada
We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
We thank you for your interest, however, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.